Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS)

Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification

Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation

If you are self-employed, visit theSelf-Employed Individuals Tax Centerpage for information about your tax obligations.

Understand the various types of taxes you need to deposit and report such as, federal income tax, social security and Medicare taxes and Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax.

You must deposit federal income tax withheld and both the employer and employee social security and Medicare taxes. You also must report on the taxes you deposit, as well as report wages, tips and other compensation paid to an employee.

You must deposit and report your employment taxes on time.

X forms are used to report adjustments to employment taxes and to claim refunds of overpaid employment taxes. There are several additional ways to address adjustments to the employment taxes you reported on your return.

Learn how to electronically file your employment tax forms.

There are several ways to notify the IRS that your address has changed.

Rate the Small Business and Self-Employed Website

IRS Tax Calendar for Businesses and Self Employed

Online Ordering for Information Returns and Employer Returns

Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration